Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can I be kicked out of the house if my parent is receiving child support?

I'm 18, and about to be 19, and I will be starting college August 22nd. My parents are divorced and my mother has custody, but she is now wanting to kick me out. Can she kick me out out when she is receiving child support for me from my father?Can I be kicked out of the house if my parent is receiving child support?
Yes, but you can contact your father about getting it sent directly to you, provided you can still get it. He just needs to contact Child Support Enforcement.





Child Support Laws - At What Age Does Child Support Stop?


http://www.child-support-collections.com鈥?/a>Can I be kicked out of the house if my parent is receiving child support?
If you're 18 almost 19 then she's receiving probably getting BACK child support because child support stops at 18 whether you are living in the house or not in MOST states...Therefore the money she is getting is most likely from when you were younger, so yes she can kick you out..





I would talk to your dad about the situation though if your state makes it where he has to pay until your 21 then he can go to court and get the payments stopped, in that case the money could go to you, or pay for schooling.
If you're not currently in school, she shouldn't be receiving child support. If you are in school, unfortunately, she can kick you out. She will probably have to give you a 30 day written notice, though, as silly as that sounds it's the law in most states.
She can; but, if she's getting support (which she can until you're 22 or 24 depending on the state, as long as you're in college), your dad can petition the court to suspend payments if the money is not going towards school.


That's between them - just go focus on school!
She can kick you out whenever she wants after you are 18. However, she will not receive any child support after the day that she boots you out.





Sorry, just the way it is.
After 18 your mom shouldn't be getting any child support as you are an adult. And she can kick you out legally for the same reason. Though it isn't morally correct for a parent to throw their child out on their butt
no you can take your mom and dad to court and they both have to pay you until your 21 even if u live by yourself
Most 19 year old do not want to be a Mommy's boy and still live at home with her.





Time to get a life!





Forget about child support it was never your money.
well, she shouldnt be recieving child support if you're 18.





and she can kick you out whenever she wants.
Yes, she can.
WHy does your Mom want to kick you out?

No comments:

Post a Comment