Saturday, July 31, 2010

What are some mistakes you've made as a new parent or things you wish you could do differently?

Girl, I feel the same way. I also had to give up breastfeeding when she was 3 weeks because I was taking medication for kidney stones and they advised I stop because the medication was something that was excreted in breastmilk and she did not need it. I have actually been considering trying to relactate. My daughter will still root and try to latch sometimes when I'm holding her...even with my clothes on. God love her. And then I feel like crap because I had to stop.What are some mistakes you've made as a new parent or things you wish you could do differently?
I wished I would have never introduced the bottle at 5 months. I wish I wouldn't have been so insecure about nursing around my husbands family. Because of my insecurities and pressure I introduced the bottle. At first it was all expressed breast milk. Then all of a sudden he wouldn't take my breast anymore.... I continued to pump but my supply began dropping more and more, and before I could get him back to taking the breast my supply was almost gone. Everyday I miss breastfeeding and wish I was still doing it with my son. I will never let my insecurities and pressure from other people influence how I raise my child.


I have learned that I will never ever give another one of my children a bottle so I don't take the risk of not being able to let my children self wean. What are some mistakes you've made as a new parent or things you wish you could do differently?
The only thing I regret is not trying harder to breast feed my little one. She had jaundice and was in the hospital under the bili lights for a week after her birth. I was pumping for a while and feeding her with a bottle. After she was discharged from the hospital I tried to breast feed her ';the right way'; and I got frustrated and gave up way to soon! That's my only regret and mistake.
good question!!! i can pry think of a number of things.





i would have been more enforcing of a schedule.. as an infant my son didn't have a perfect schedule and i know it could have been better.





i would have put him on his belly more often.. i never put him on his belly and in turn he didn't rolled over when he should have.. he was a little late in doing so.





hmmm?


i'm a smoker so i would have been more cautious of cleaning up after i smoked.. i always washed my hands when i was finished smoking but i'm sure the smell stuck on my clothing a bit.. sometimes i would wear a coat over my clothes but other times i'd forget.
i jut asked that same question, but i think that my mistake like i said on my question was co sleeping. i should have NEVER took my daughter from her crib as she slept there fine but i wanted her near. and another was the paci she is now 19months and i am still fighting to get that thing away from her
Breastfeeding - I wish I did... too naive, too selfish... not ashamed to admit it! That is definately my biggest regret.


Leaving her at 9 weeks to go into hospital.. was nothing more I could of done.. only 2 days but worst 2 days of my life!!


There are lots of little things I regret, but my daughter is a very happy, content, beautiful little girl.. :o)
Mistakes, not washing my hands at all times or sanitizing my hands. I'm usually pretty good at it, but forget a number of times.





Being more alert of where I'm flinging her in the air, I almost threw her into the ceiling fan while it was on!!!
We all make mistakes as parents know one can tell you different.Mine was listening to to many people telling me how to do things instead of doing them how i wanted.(Breast feeding/weaning etc).My only regret is i never tried harder to breast feed :)
Be careful with bouncing chairs. if the child is not secure he/she can fall. My freinds baby did that and luckily she was okay but the doctor said to be realy carefull!

No comments:

Post a Comment