Saturday, July 31, 2010

How could a parent abuse their child?

Having a child is not just some action to take part in because it's the norm. Many parents think this way though, and jump in with abandon. You are bringing a very highly complex emotional creature into a very harsh world. You have every obligation to love that child completely. I have nothing but pure, cold contempt for any parent who abuses or neglects their child. Nothing to me is more sick than bringing a human into consciousness, and abusing them. How could a parent abuse their child?
I am not one to judge any other parent because I am in no way perfect. However it is sad when, in our society, animals have more rights than children. How could a parent abuse their child?
One tends to find that many parents who were abused themselves as kids become abusers themselves. It is so important to break that cycle of abuse and for that person to do some real soul searching and get therapy if they are serious about bringing children into the world. Unfortunately this takes a lot of willpower and it doesn't always happen. Many people become 'accidental' parents and their own unresolved issues plus the feelings of resentment to an unplanned child can often have catastrophic effects. Anyone who is fertile and sexually active can become a father or mother but it takes a lot more than biology to become a good parent.
I know. Nothing fires me up more than the violation of children's rights. There was recently some kind of day in Australia against child abuse or sexual abuse. The reason I'm so vague is I didn't even hear about it till the actual day and it was mentioned once on the radio. Yet breast cancer (which is an equally worthwhile cause I've got nothing against it) is in our faces all the time. Its great that is getting coverage but it makes me think that its because that's okay to talk about but people don't want to think about child abuse. Its not a feel good charity for businesses to put their names to. Society just wants to pretend it doesn't happen!
I agree with you and that's why I am a strong supporter of early sex education so you can prevent early pregnancy and abortion for all those who for one reason or another got pregnant (this is a very controversial topic but hey!..that's what I think) and realized that motherhood is not their priority. There are A LOT of parents out there that get pregnant and because ';Society'; is very judgmental they decide to keep the baby without them being ready for that....in consequence we see A LOT of kids neglected, abused and abandoned.





I don't like to judge any one, but when it comes to children...I think we are more sensitive to them.
well the you wouldn't like my mother. the sad fact is that it is all to easy for some 'parents' to abuse their children.





waterlilly884: i really think that comment is inappropriate. my mother had the perfect life. when i was placed in foster care, the son there, who thought it was ok to sexually abuse a 18month old, was a rich boy and was loved very much by his parents. i on the other hand, have had a lot of abuse, mentally, physically and sexually, and would never dream of hurting my son. infact, if anyone put him through pain, i would kill them. i have had a lot of counselling. and it has done nothing but bring more hurt out. my partner helped me through. and it was not hard to love my son. it was the most natural thing in the world
I agree. Sadly, it's the sex they enjoyed, but not what came with it. They are unprepared for a baby, and not ready to take on the responsiblities of it, have no patience, and abuse out of frustration. Which is very sad.



unfortunely there will always be people out there that need to be shot, I like the movie ';Parenthood'; with Keanu Reeevs and Steve martin and keanu says ';you need a license to drive, hell you even need a license to fish, but they will let any arsehole become a father';
I agree with you. What also makes me angry is when a woman knows she can't look after her child or doesn't have any money to be able to feed her child, goes on to have 6 more children and expects someone else to feed and pay for them.
Unfortunately a lot of people who have kids don't have the same attitude as you.
  • mask making
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment