Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can a minor create a bank account without the help of a parent or guardian?

I'm at least 17 yrs old and my mom seems to want to hold on to my money since I made my sister close my old account. I earned the money by getting my self a job so its not my parents money.Can a minor create a bank account without the help of a parent or guardian?
You could get an account on your own. Visit a couple of your local banks and ask them to tell you about the products they have to offer you.Can a minor create a bank account without the help of a parent or guardian?
I think you can have a savings account and not a checking account. When I was 17 the bank told me my mother needed to be on my account with me, but I wanted a Visa Debit Card. Call 1800-Wachovia.
only thing i can suggest is take your money and buy savings bonds in your name only at any bank and in a year when you are 18 cash them in and put them in your bank account!!!
yes, i opened several accounts between the ages of 14 and 17 at 3 different banks
Yes. Get your own account immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment