Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is the most ANNOYING advice you get from others as a parent?

Or annoying things people say in general to you about your parenting?





For me it's stuff like when they talk to the baby and say'; aww are those little feetsies cold??'; or ';I bet ur hungry, have they fed u yet??';





Its like if you have something to say Im right here dont talk to me through my baby. ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!What is the most ANNOYING advice you get from others as a parent?
For me it is when other parents are like ';Oh you spank your child? Did you know there are better ways to do things?';





This is the part that annoys me, Their kids are total MONSTERS, my kid is polite, says Ma-am %26amp; Sir, please and thank you while their lovely child is throwing temper-tantrums and talking back!





I think when I want to know how to raise a monster I will come to you for advice. What is the most ANNOYING advice you get from others as a parent?
I agree with yours i hate when people talk to a baby when they are really just trying to under mind the parent. But I also can't stand when someone who has no idea about any health issues my kids have start freaking out and handing out advice, like no brainer stuff. like my oldest , she has asthma and ezama really bad plus her temperature runs higher than the norm . like a degree or 2. so anyway she doesn't like to wear a coat that much because she doesn't feel cold (she is 8 by the way, old enough to know if she is cold.) well we use to live in MI wear of course in the winter it is pretty cold, there she wore her coat , well we live in NC now and It gets cool here but wintertime is like in the 50-60s. I can not even count the times someone has freaked out that she doesn't have more than a sweat shirt on when it's like 58. It's like mind business i can understand if it's like 40 out and she is running around with out a coat but almost 60? that's the start of summer for us up in MI.
For me it's when we are out and about and I take my daughter to the baby room to change her nappy. Other parents always make comments like ';Isn't she a bit old to still be in nappies?'; or ';Haven't you potty trained her yet?';


My 5yo daughter has urinary and fecal incontinence and is toilet trained as much as is possible. Round the house she can go to the loo when she needs it but because of the sudden urge to go she wont make it to the loo in time in public so we have to put a nappy on her. We are lucky she has any control at all.





I find it so infuriating when people are just ignorant and jump to the assumption that I'm being lazy and haven't potty trained her just because she has a medical problem.
My sister-in-law is the queen of annoying, useless and pointless advice. The best one that sticks out in my mind was when she told me not to cuddle and kiss my two week old baby daughter too much because it would ';spoil'; her. It was best to just leave her lying in a basket on her own. As if you could love a newborn too much! My daughter is now three years old and my SIL still feels the need to spout ignorant advice. Thankfully she lives six hours away so we don't have to see her very much!
I have a 4 year old son. This is all in reference to him.





1. ';Where's the baby?'; I'm not prego, thus, there is no baby that you speak of. He's a child, not a baby.





2. ';You should let him keep the TV in his room!'; No I shouldn't. TV is a privilege, not a RIGHT. End of story.





3. ';THAT'S ABUSE!'; Um, no. Swatting a child's hand because he's trying to grab something he shouldn't is not abuse. It's called discipline.





4. ';Let the baby do whatever he wants.'; First off, I'm not prego. Secondly, if it's my son you're referring to, NO. Freaking whiny liberals.





5. ';Let him walk on his toes, that means he'll be smarter.'; No, it means he'll have a knack for high heels, won't he? You're not a doctor.





6. ';He looks just like you.'; Not my biological kid. He looks nothing like me...I'm asian, he's not even showing a hint of being asian...wtf?





7. ';You should iron his clothes.'; Good. Here's the iron and the board is over there...get crackin'!
';Oh, come on, let her eat it. Lighten up. It's not going to kill her.';





(re: my child with life-threatening food allergies and the food that would send her to the hospital in an ambulance. maybe people should find out what they're talking about before they open their mouths!)
mine is- are u hungry little man? to the baby- who is 2 months old! like he gonna answer! and he has very long spikey hair, i get- is mummy being horrible making your hair spikey! it does it itself! plus lots of adviceon active crying.
its not advice cause I tend to ignore people.lol. but if I tell someone my son is autistic, they say he doesnt look like rain man, Im like well thats good cause rain man was an idiot savant not autistic.





that usually shuts them up
I'm not a parent but yeah, it really p1sses me off when people start talking to babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment