Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What was the most memorable event you had as a new parent?

A lot of people remember the first words and first steps, and those are nice, but for me, the single most memorable event of my daughter's life was the first time she learned how to get past the baby gate into the kitchen. I noticed that she was being very quiet in the living room (I was talking on the phone in the dining room), and I came in to find her covered in hot cocoa powder and honey. It took a good 2 hours to clean it up, and I'm still not sure how she did it; the baby gate was still up!What was the most memorable event you had as a new parent?
I have two children and the most memorable moment I had with either of them was the very first time I got to hold them. My daughter was born a micropremature infant and not expected to make it past delievery. She was flown 134 miles away to a hospital that could ';attempt'; to care for her{I say attempt because 14yrs ago they had never seen a baby so small} and I didnt get to hold her until she was 3 and a half months old so that is my most memorable moment with her. My son is 10 months old, also born premature but only 5 weeks and the second the dr put him on my chest after delievery I was in awe at the fact he was perfect in everyway I started to cry and said ';Ive waited so long for you'; he spent 24hrs in the NICU and came home with me thank GOD..What was the most memorable event you had as a new parent?
O yes, the one that stands out the most is the one that made me laugh the most.





My daughter was about 15 months, she went through my purse, put lipstick AROUND her mouth, took out a pen, opened my check book and ';wrote'; out a few checks.





You know what else does a baby do when she has big girl lipstick - she writes checks, what else.
I think for me it was when the nurse held them near my face straight after birth and the beautiful fresh smell absolutley beautiful.
lol, thats really funny! My daughter did that once with chocolate milk mix! The first great memory I have of parenthood was not something my daughter did. It was the day she was born. My ';tuff guy'; husband bawled his eyes out as soon as she saw her, it was great! For a couple days after that he would just look at her and lose it all over again. I knew he would be a great dad, and I was right! There have been a lot of great moments in the 2 years since then. I wouldnt say the walking was so great, because it was followed by several months of constant bruises on her poor little head. Darn coffee table just didnt like her I guess. A funny thing was when she was potty training. For a couple of days would poke people in the crotch and say ';peepee!!!';, as if to inform them thats where the peepee comes from. It was also really funny when she learned to blow her nose. Until she got a nasty cold, and started just randomly blowing her nose into the air, instead of a tissue! LOL. Thanks for the walk down memory lane :) Isnt being a parent awesome? Take care
I had to be when I beast feed ! My oldest little boy say's that is why you have two of those things ! one for him and one for me !!


One day I went to the mail box . I came back into the house to find ! Flower all over him and all over my kitchen ! Thanks for asking !
The first time my son looked at me and realized I was his mom......
I was a single mom so I had him all to myself..and got to enjoy every little thing he did....he's 12 now (entering that not-so-enjoyable-teenage thing) ...But I would have to say the most memorable thing that I remember is when he was about 2 months old and he was laying on his back playing with one of those gyms that hang above their heads...I remember his first laugh....I couldnt help it ...I had to laugh with him. It was the greatest thing I have ever heard
When my youngest daughter came into this world......my husband had to deliver her in our car in the parking lot of a prison.....she has given me many memorable moments since then.....but I still think this one is tops.....

No comments:

Post a Comment