Saturday, August 21, 2010

Which of the two is more convincing - the teenager or the protective parent?

I'm an 18 year old senior at a high school in Romania. I've lived in the US for five years (from 4th - 8th grade) and moved back to my native country as a freshman. I am planning on attending college next year. However, there is a problem. My parents don't stand a chance at supporting me financially if I am to go to a US university. I would have to find a way to pay for everything myself without loans. It has been my dream to go back to California, but my parents don't agree. They think I should first go to a 2-year college in Romania, one that is accredited in the US and then move to California where I would have my master's degree. They make a good point since it would be a lot cheaper to keep my in college in Romania. I have no clue about what I should do. I need serious opinions on this one, guys!Which of the two is more convincing - the teenager or the protective parent?
It sounds to me like your parents make a more logical case. When employers are looking at education, they don't care where you went to first, they only care about where you graduated from. It makes a lot fo sense. The first 2 years in Romania will go really fast though. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to qualify for a student loan or grants though.Which of the two is more convincing - the teenager or the protective parent?
may be you can go to the good college in romania. If you study hard at this time, -And then you can make your succes believed- your parents may help you to go back California. I hope you will be succesful where you will go..

No comments:

Post a Comment